9.19.2011

Tuna

Living at home the last year made me spoiled. My mom has a limited diet of toast, ice cream, and dr. pepper. I got used to buying my own food. Not having to spend money on rent, I dropped a fair amount on name brands. Boxed cereal, fresh fruits, expensive overpriced crap for sure. I got used to the "organic" way of life. Tonight I had a nice smack back to the life of a poor college student with the first Tuna sandwich I have eaten in I can't remember how long. Anytime I eat tuna I think of 2 things.

First I think of pregnant Rachel Green. "Did you put pickles on this?" I am a true lover of friends. I'm embarrassed to admit I have probably seen every episode at least 3 times. The funny thing is, every time I watch this episode I think, "Hmm a tuna sandwich with pickles does sound good right now." In fact I can recall a time me and the sister were watching this episode, and we did in fact go make tuna sandwiches..with pickles.

Second I think of my young days in Lagoon. Being one of the younger kids, Casey and I usually ended up hanging with the Madre and Kim during these rare theme park days. I remember always begging them to buy us ICEE's seeing that none of the other kids were around..they'd never know. The parents never gave in.  Around lunch time we'd see other families getting pizza, churros, hotdogs, delicious junk food we never had the luxury of enjoying at Lagoon. This time of day our fam dam would meet up and head out to the van. The beloved '98 Windstar held our wonderful tuna sandwiches on hamburger buns in the cooler. We at lunch in style right there in the parking strips of grass. My first meal within the gates of Lagoon was in 2013 when I went to "Frightmares" with my cousins. We went to Subway and split a footlong between 4 of us....it was a total rip off, and I wanted a tuna fish sandwich. This visit to Lagoon was also the time I got yelled at by the father of a little boy I spit on from the skycoaster (story for another time, but this event ruined the joys of Lagoon for me..and  to this day I have not been on the skycoaster)

Point of this post was...well really nothing. Sorry you wasted your time reading this :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jackie-
    Are you still going to the U? Well, I just transferred. I think we should really get together (really).

    Love you!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time well wasted. Literally laughed out loud reading this. My family totally did the same thing that your family did.

    ReplyDelete