2.08.2012

YSA ward and Short Skirts...Trending Now

I graduated High School when I was 17 years old. Our Stake required that we started attending the Singles ward as soon as we graduated High School. I was mortified! All I knew about the singles ward was the classic LDS film which portrayed it as a place I did not want to attend for my Sunday worship. My attitude has since changed, and I love YSA wards :) I dread the day I have to go back to family wards! I love the opportunities to serve in these wards, and I love being among my peers. I would rather listen to lessons that apply to where I'm at now in life, then lessons geared towards my future life. 

I love the gospel. I love Sacrament meeting. I love Sundays. I love wearing skirts. 
Getting ready for church on Sundays is one of my favorite parts of the day. I know its superficial and "worldly" but whatever. There is nothing wrong with enjoying getting ready for the day when I wear scrubs for most of the week. Until recently when I started recently dating a cute boy, church was one of the only times I took a lot of time to look somewhat presentable. I dont believe I'm the only girl who feels this way. Its fun having a reason to get pretty and wear cute clothes. 

One of my favorite things about YSA wards is the fashion show put on ever week by our lovely Sisters. As stated above.. I have and often am guilty of being apart of this. Recently though I have noticed a short skirt trend in the YSA ward. I know this winter has been more like a light breeze...but seriously I love how many girls are sportin shorties. I am a ward missionary, and as part of my calling some Sundays I stand by the Chapel door and welcome people as they come in. Trying to see if any investigators are coming in that we dont know about. All I noticed this last Sunday was the back of girls untanned, blotchy, somewhat jiggly legs. I am a terrible person. I know. especially since I have decided to write a blog post about this. 
I know that every girl has different bodies, and shapes. Even General Authorities have addressed this. I'm probably just writing this because I would hope someone would tell me...Jackie You don't have the legs for that skirt. Help save me from embarrassing others as they have to watch me walk up to the stand to bear my testimony. 
 I'm somewhat ashamed for posting my thoughts on this..but not ashamed enough to not post it. 
Girls if its winter, please cover your thighs. 
If you choose to show off your beautiful thighs..please invest in a tanning pass, or wear nylons. Both help cover your cottage cheese, and make me want to gag a little less. 

When I opened my mission call I was so bummed that I have to wait half a year until I leave. After writing this I know why. I obviously need to work on being less judgmental, and work on loving everyone. Even those with chubby thighs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment