2.17.2011

I am so SMART

Let me take you back to my childhood. I'm four or five. I want to impress my little brother with my garage door knowledge. Trying to explain how the sensors work, I decide its best to demonstrate by putting my head under the garage. Not realizing my head is out of sensor zone...I ask my brother to close the garage. I still can remember my excitement lying there not realizing my head was about to be smashed. It was like I thought I was doing a magic trick or something. Sure enough the garage came down on my head squeezing a good sized scream out of my little body. Luckily my mom was close by and was able to swoop in just in time to save her brilliant little girl. The worst part of this experience was not the pain from the garage on my head. It was the embarrassment that came from my mom telling everyone. Seriously, she even told a stranger at the REAMS grocery store. I love check out line small talk. I made a promise to myself to try and not give my mom any more awful stories about me to share with others. I know I did not achieve this goal, but I just realized the other night....this single experience may be why my childhood was so lame.

1 comment:

  1. That is the most wonderful story I have ever heard. How have I never heard it before? I feel.. shafted to say the least.

    ReplyDelete